About the ingredients:
This is one of the most requested formulation. This cream has Niacinamide, Licorice extract, and Mulberry extract as key ingredients. Niacinamide helps in fading dark spots and improving the texture and tone of the skin.
Licorice extract is being used from years to lighten the skin. Mulberry extract has anti-oxidants which also help in improving skin texture.
Jojoba oil is light carrier oil which suits many skin types.
BTMS 50 is a cationic emulsifier which has nice skin feel in creams.
To thicken, we have Cetyl alcohol as secondary emulsifier/ thickener.
Color used is Cosmetic approved FD&C color. There are wide range of skin friendly colors. Check our site for more colors.
Combination of Phenoxyethanol and Potassium Sorbate is added as preservative.
To give it a milder fragrance, Rose F.O is added.
BTMS 50 3%
Jojoba Oil 6%
Distilled Water 80%
Licorice extract 0.4%
Mulberry extract 0.2%
Potassium Sorbate 0.2%
Red color- 1/16tsp
Rose F.O 0.2%
100ml glass beakers
Stirring rods and Spatulas
Heating mantle or Double boiler
Glass bottle or serum container
Weighing scale (that measures up to 0.01g)
Cups to measure ingredients
- Measure Phase A ingredients in a beaker and Phase B ingredients in another beaker.
- Add Phenoxyethanol and Potassium Sorbate in Glycerin to dissolve. Add it in last after blending.
- Heat both the beakers on a double boiler until emulsifiers are melted.
- Pour Oil Phase ingredients to Water Phase and blend using immersion blender.
- Add cool down phase ingredients once it comes to room temperature.
- Test pH and adjust to 6.
- Add few drops of citric acid or lactic acid if the pH is higher.
- BTMS 50 can be swapped with other emulsifier but the consistency and feel differs with emulsifiers.
- Light carrier oils like grape seed can be added instead of Jojoba oil.
- Extracts and F.O can be of your choice.
- Any other broad spectrum preservative can be used for Phenoxyethanol and potassium’s sorbate.
If you would like to share us your creations, do tag us on instagram @ases.chem
Disclaimer: This blog is for educational and informational purposes only.
It’s superb recipe ,i will try
Hi, wow nice formulation.I will make this cream. Thank you