Mature Skin needs more amount of hydration and moisturising properties as skin slows down regeneration and elasticity. Using a cream with humectants can help in reducing scaling and adds glow to the skin.
Let’s see the ingredients used:
Key ingredient- Co-enzyme Q10(Ubiquinone) is a powerful antioxidant which reduces skin damage due to stress and environmental factors. It is also known to treat wrinkles. It is widely used in anti-aging creams and serums.
Rosehip oil: Rosehip oil is another anti-oxidant and emollient which makes skin soft and smooth. It is often used in facial oils and serums due to its exotic feel.
Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid binds water content to the skin and gives a hydrated appearance. It has a nicer feel in serums and creams.
Niacinamide: Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is known for its moisturising and skin brightening properties. It is suitable for most skin types.
Green tea extract is another anti-oxidant which soothes skin and helps in reducing inflammation.
Olivem 1000 in combination with Cetyl alcohol is used in emulsifier phase. Olivem 1000 is a natural emulsifier which is easy to use for beginners. Cetyl alcohol helps with stability and thickening of cream.
Heated Oil Phase: A
Grapeseed oil 1.5g
Coenzyme Q10 1g
Olivem 1000 1.5g
Cetyl alcohol 0.5g
Rosehip Oil 1g
Water Phase: C
Distilled water 40.65g +4g (10% for water lost due to heat)
Cool down Phase: D
Fragrance Oil 0.25g
Green tea extract 0.5g
Geogard ECT 0.5g
100ml, 50ml glass beakers
Stirring rods and Spatulas
Heating mantle or Double boiler
Glass bottle or serum container
Weighing scale (that measures up to 0.01g)
Cups to measure ingredients
- Measure Phase A ingredients in a beaker.
- Add HA to glycerine for Phase C and stir to form thick texture. Add water in small quantities and stir slowly. This way HA will not form lumps and dissolves quickly.
- Now heat both Phase A and Phase B beakers on double boiler under 40 degree C until all the ingredients are melted.
- Once the ingredients are melted, add Rosehip oil to heated oil phase and stir.
- Pour water phase to oil phase and blend it.
- Add cool down phase ingredients once it comes to room temperature.
- Adjust pH to 5.5. Since Geogard ECT works effectively below 5.5 and Niacinamide works better at pH higher than 5, cream is suggested to be around 5.5.
- Pour it in a cream jar.
If you make and like this cream, do tag us on instagram @ases.chem
Disclaimer: This blog is for educational and informational purposes only.
#cosmeticchemicals #chemicalsuppliersIndia #aseschem #DIYfacecream #DIYantiagingcream #DIYNiacinamidecream #homemadeskincare #howtomakecreamathome #Hyaluronicacid #coenzymeq10 #handmadecosmeticsIndia #handmadeskincare #skincarebusiness #handmadecosmetics #DIYskincare #Olivem1000