Toner is used as second step in skincare routine after face wash. Toner helps in removing dirt from the skin. It hydrates skin and is known to help tighten pores.
When the toner has some amazing hydrating ingredients, it is must. This toner is easy to make, natural and has good moisturising and hydrating ingredients. It works great in winters when skin needs extra hydration and care.
This is suitable for all skin types including and matured skin.
- This is a fragrance free toner. Fragrance free in the sense no fragrance oil or essential oil used. This has a subtle natural fragrance from Rose water. Rose hydrosol can also be used. Note distillation is different for Rose water and hydrosol.
- Glycerin is a humectant which hydrates skin and makes skin look soft and supple.
- Aloe extract, Cucumber extract: In winter, skin gets dry and irritated which result in flaky and itchy skin. These extracts are soothing to the skin.
- Niacinamide aka Vitamin B3 helps improve complexion, reduce dark spots and seals moisture. It reduces inflammation, works as an .
- Preservative Eco- Natural Preservative which works best for products under pH 5.5
- Demineralised water: Rose water can be used instead of water.
Rose water 30g
Aloe extract 0.5g
Cucumber extract 1g
DM water 62.5g
100g glass beakers
Double boiler/ heating mantle
Container to store
How to make it?
- It is better to heat and cool demineralised water to prevent microbial growth.
- Add all the ingredients in a beaker.
- Stir to dissolve all the ingredients.
- Check the pH and adjust to 5.5 ( Add lactic acid to reduce pH)
- Pour in a lotion or pump bottle
How to use?
Toner should be used after face wash and before applying moisturiser.
You can dab using cotton or apply on palms and massage face.
#DIYtoner #DIYniacinamidetoner #Niacinamide #hydratingtoner