Papaya Enzyme Cleansing Buff Formulation
Did you hear about cleansing buff before? Some of the natural brands sell these. These are popular for its easy use and mild nature.
Cleansing Buff or Cleansing grains are other names of foaming face wash powder. They are mild but cleanse nicely.
Cleansing buff contain
- Natural fruit powders like coconut powder, papaya powder, cranberry powder;
- Natural powder extracts like Aloevera extract;
- Powder humectants like betaine, hyaluronic acid;
- Clays like Kaolin clay, Moroccan clay;
- Thickening agents like cornstarch, arrow root powder;
- Exfoliants like Jojoba beads, walnut shell powder
(Preservatives: optional since water is not added and the container used doesn’t introduce water into it)
- These also contain powder surfactants like SCI, SLSa and sometimes a minor amount of liquid surfactants like Coco betaine to foam.
About the ingredients:
Often natural/fruit powders are added for its natural properties, fragrance and color.
Humectants add moisture to the skin while clays/ surfactants help in removing dirt and oil.
Thickening agents build some texture when water is added but it is optional.
Ingredients required to make this Enzyme Cleansing Buff:
Coconut Milk Powder 7.5g
Litchi Powder 7.5g
SCI powder 5g
Kaolin Clay 27.45g
Xanthan Gum 1g
Hyaluronic acid powder 0.05g
Jojoba beads 0.5g
Here are few other cleansing buffs that you can make:
(Xanthan gum, arrow root powder is optional in all)
Pink soothing cleansing buff
Strawberry powder 10g
Rose powder 10g
Calamine clay 22.99g
Aloe 200x 0.01g
Green tea extract 2g
Vitamin rich cleansing buff
Tomato powder 10g
Carrot powder 10g
Moroccan red clay 22.99g
Mulberry extract 2g
Aloe 200x 0.01g
Summer themed cleansing buff
Mango fruit powder 10g
Pineapple fruit powder 10g
Bentonite clay 22.45g
Charcoal beads 0.5g
Witch hazel extract 2g
50ml glass beakers
Steel or Glass Stirring rods and Spatulas
Weighing scale (that measures up to 0.01g)
Cups to measure ingredients
Eye goggles/ glasses
- Measure all the ingredients in a beaker. You can sieve the powders before adding.
Note: Wear a mask to prevent inhaling the powders like SCI.
- Mix everything for few minutes.
- Pour in powder type of containers.
How to use?
- Take some powder in hand and add water to foam.
- Apply on face and rinse it off.
- You can leave for few minutes like a mask and rinse off too.
It doesn’t foam a lot but has little creamy foam. It is suitable specially for dry skin.
If you would like to share us your creations, do tag us on instagram @ases.chem
Disclaimer: This blog is for educational and informational purposes only.
#cosmeticchemicals #chemicalsuppliersIndia #aseschem #DIYFacewash #DIYcleansinggrains #howtomakefacewashathome #DIYfacewashpowder #CleansingBuff