Hydrating Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C is a strong anti-oxidant which prevents oxidative damage. Using L-Ascorbic acid is bit tricky and difficult. Instead Vitamin C derivatives like MAP can be used which work great as an anti-oxidant and help in reducing pigmentation.
This is a simple serum yet effective as a day serum.
Allantoin, Green tea extracts are soothing for the skin. They help in reducing inflammation.
Glycerin and HA are humectants which keep skin hydrated and plump.
Lactic acid is added to reduce the pH to 6 since MAP works effectively above 6 which is okay for skin too.
Preservative Eco is a natural preservative.
Ingredients required: 50g
Phase A: (Heated water)
Sodium Gluconate- 0.05g
Rose water- 24.5g
Distilled water- 20g + 5g for water lost
Phase B: (Cool down)
Green tea extract- 0.25g
Lactic acid- 0.2g
Preservative Eco- 0.5g
100ml glass beakers
Stirring rods and Spatulas
Weighing scale (that measures upto 0.01g)
Cups to measure ingredients
- Measure Phase A ingredients in a beaker.
- Heat it on a double boiler until all the powder ingredients (MAP, Allantoin) are dissolved. (below 70degC and less than 15min)
- Add Phase B ingredients once the beaker is off the heat and is at room temperature.
- Sprinkle HA powder in the last. Leave it for 3-4 hours or overnight to hydrate.
- HA forms lumps initially but it will be dissolved in sometime.
- If it is not dissolved even after 4 hours, you can break the lumps with stirring rod or use blender.
- Test the pH, it should be around 6. If it is higher, add few drops of lactic acid, if it is lower add few drops of TEA (Triethanolamine).
- Once HA is hydrated and it has a nice gel texture, pour into a dropper bottle
- Rose water can be replaced with another hydrosol or distilled water
- Extracts can be of your choice.
- EDTA can be used in place of sodium gluconate and propanediol 1,3 instead of glycerine.
- Instead of lactic acid, citric acid solution can be used to adjust pH.
If you make and like this serum, do tag us on instagram @ases.chem
Disclaimer: This blog is for educational and informational purposes only.
#cosmeticchemicals #chemicalsuppliersIndia #aseschem #DIYVitaminCserum #DIYFaceserum #Magnesiumascorbylphosphate #VitaminCderivatives#Naturalcosmetics#howtomakeVitaminCserum