Capryl Caprylyl Glucoside (Active Content 50%)
Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside is a non-ionic liquid surfactant produced from vegetable fatty acids and glucose. It is one of the simplest surfactants to deal with, combining easily with water and other surfactants to produce wonderful shower gels, shampoos, and face washes with minimal agitation. It's main advantage is that it works in acidic PH.
INCI Name- Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside
Molecular Formulae- C22H46O6
Alternative Names- D-Glucopyranose, Oligomers, Decyl Octyl Glycosides
Country of Origin- China
BENEFITS AND APPLICATIONS-
- It works well as a mild washing surfactant in skincare products.
- Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside is a powerful solubilizer of essential oils, perfumes, and cationic surfactants.
- It is a great ingredient for foaming aromatherapy products.
- Caprylyl / Capryl glucoside can also be added to cream and cleanser bases to increase foaming.
HOW IT WORKS-
- It works by lowering the surface tension of formulations, enhancing their spreading and wetting capabilities.
- It works as a foaming agent for your formulation, giving it the desired lather.
CONCENTRATION AND SOLUBILITY-
- We recommend it should be used at a concentration of 10-40%.
- It is soluble in water but is insoluble in oil.
HOW TO USE-
- Prepare the oil and water phases of your DIY formulation separately.
- Heat both phases separately.
- Add our Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside to the heated water phase, accompanied by constant stirring.
- Blend both phases using an electric mini mixer or a large mixing spoon.
- Avoid strong stirring to avoid creating too much lather.