Get it between -
DESCRIPTION- This organic compound is derived from the fatty acids of the sweet-smelling coconut and is mostly used as a moisturizer and thickener in skincare, haircare, and cosmetic items.
INCI Name- Stearyl Alcohol
Molecular Formula- C18H38O
Alternate Names- Octadecanol, Octadecyl Alcohol
Country of Origin- India
BENEFITS AND USES-
- This is one of the most commonly found lubricating ingredients in shampoos, silicone-free conditioners, creams, shower gels, body butter, hair masks, crack creams, etc.
- You can add it to your moisturizers or base makeup products to achieve the glass-skin effect.
- It binds water to your skin making it look extremely hydrated and plump.
- It helps in deeper penetration of the active ingredients into the skin and enhances their efficacy.
- You can add it to your lotions and body butter to thicken them.
- Add it to your conditioners to achieve the smoothest hair possible while taming all the flyways.
- You can use it to thicken your formulations while ensuring they remain stable for long periods.
HOW IT WORKS-
- It works by forming a layer over the skin and preventing water loss from the surface of the skin.
- It works as a stabilizer and emulsifier and prevents the separation of oil from water in various formulations.
CONCENTRATION AND SOLUBILITY-
- It can be used at a concentration of 0.1%-50% depending on the formulation.
- It is soluble in water, alcohol, ether, and benzene.
HOW TO USE
- Heat the water phase and the oil phase separately.
- Blend vigorously and add out pure stearyl alcohol to the mix.
- Continue blending until a homogenous mixture is formed.
- Adjust the pH of the formulation after adding other ingredients.