Polyquaternium-7 / Polyquat 7
Get it between -
DESCRIPTION- This one-of-a-kind synthetic compound is an excellent hydrator and skincare additive that makes your skin and hair look gorgeous. It can be found in almost all skincare, haircare, and cosmetic formulations due to its insane moisturizing abilities.
INCI Name- Polyquaternium-7
Molecular Formula- C11H21ClN2O
Alternate Names- Quaternium-41, Prop-2-Enamide
Country of Origin- India
BENEFITS AND USES-
- It is a fantastic haircare additive that will make your hair look fabulous.
- It is an intensely conditioning agent that will smooth the frizz from your hair and add lubricity to it.
- When used in hair gels and mousses it provides hold and tames any flyways.
- It protects your hair from any environmental, heat, or mechanical damage.
- It nourishes and hydrates your skin without making it greasy and sticky.
- You can find it in your creams and ointments for cracked, broken, and dry skin.
- It has the propensity to thicken your serums without altering their texture or making them heavy.
HOW IT WORKS-
- It works as an anti-static agent by forming a thin film on the surface of the skin and hair.
- It acts as a stabilizer in cosmetics and personal care formulations.
CONCENTRATION AND SOLUBILITY-
- It is generally used at a concentration of 2%-10%.
- It is readily soluble in water but is insoluble in oil.
HOW TO USE-
- Add our polyquaternium-7 to the water phase while stirring.
- Heat to homogenize it and let it cool down.
- Add all the oil phase ingredients including surfactants to this mixture.
- Add all the active ingredients and adjust the pH.