Sourced from palm kernel oil, corn sugar, or coconut, this spiffing viscous yellow substance is an exceptionally mild natural surfactant and is environmentally friendly.
INCL name: Lauryl Glucoside
Molecular formula: C18H36O6
Country of Origin - India
Percentage of Active Surfactant Matter - 50%
BENEFITS AND USES-
- The paramount importance of this raw material lies in the fact that it produces a slow-forming foam, which remains highly stable.
- The cleansers, body washes, shampoos, toothpaste, wet wipes, conditioners, etc methodically prepared by using this ingredient leaves the hair and skin feeling downy and silk-like.
- When mixed in moisturizers, lotions, and creams it acts as an emulsifier and a stabilizer, thereby allowing for easy bedaubing.
- It is utilized as a base surfactant or a co-surfactant in cosmetic and household surfactant cleansing formulations.
HOW IT WORKS-
- It works by decreasing the surface and interfacial tension, which results in the stabilization of the interface. This in turn increases wetting by the liquids.
- The hydrophilic head binds with the water and the hydrophobic tail binds with the oil which ultimately helps in pulling out dust, dirt, or grease from the surface.
CONCENTRATION AND SOLUBILITY-
- The recommended usage level ranges from 10%-40%.
- It is readily soluble in water and is stable in neutral and alkaline solutions.
HOW TO USE-
- Add this ingredient to the surfactant phase of choice.
- Blend into formulations by continuously stirring it at a constant temperature.
- Neutralize the pH of the finished product by adding acids.