C12-C15 Alkyl Benzoate
DESCRIPTION- It is a synthetically produced ingredient that is a brilliant emollient, texture enhancing and antimicrobial agent. It is used in many products including, sunscreens, baby products, deodorants, lipstick, foundation, shaving products and hair styling products.
INCI Name- C12-15 alkyl benzoate
Alternative Names-Dodecyl benzoate, Benzoic acid
Country of origin- India
BENEFITS AND USES-
- Our C12-15 alkyl benzoate is beneficial to all types of skin and is especially effective for dry and rough skin.
- Its regular use will do wonders in reducing the flakiness of the skin and giving it a better texture overall.
- C12-15 alkyl benzoate makes the skin look and feels soft and smooth from its very first use.
- It also helps in preventing many skin issues like inflammation and other autoimmune conditions that can make the skin looks scaly and patchy.
- It can also improve the fragrance of your formulation by increasing the longevity of the scent of the formulation.
- It reduces the likeliness of growth of contamination on the skin due to bacteria and mould.
- It does not cause any irritation to the skin and is a safe product to be used in your formulation.
HOW IT WORKS-
- It works by keeping the skin moist and soft by reducing the water loss from the outer layers of the skin.
- It works by forming a thin barrier on the skin that prevents water loss to the air and hence locks the moisture inside.
CONCENTRATION AND SOLUBILITY-
- It is recommended that a minimum concentration of 1-30% is necessary for ample results.
- It is soluble in oil but shows low solubility in water and is insoluble in alcohol.
HOW TO USE-
- Add our C12-15 alkyl benzoate to the oil phase of the formulation.
- The oil phase can be hot processed or cold processed depending on the desired final product.
- Blend both the oil and water phase till a homogeneous mixture is obtained.