Nipasol Plain/Propyl Paraben Plain (Water Insoluble)
Get it between -
DESCRIPTION- This highly efficacious preservative which has been around for hundreds of years is sourced from para-hydroxybenzoic acid (PHBA) that occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables. It marks its use in personal care, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, and food industries.
INCI Name- Propylparaben
Molecular Formula- C10H12O3
Alternate Names- Propyl 4-Hydroxybenzoate, 4-Hydroxybenzoic Acid Propyl Ester, Nipasol
Country of Origin- India
BENEFITS AND USES-
- Its anti-microbial and anti-fungal action forfends the proliferation of bacteria in your products like creams, lotions, shampoos, packed food items, makeup items, etc.
- It ensures that your products do not get contaminated by constant humidity or dirt.
- Prolongs the shelf life of products to which it is added.
- Your packaged food items contain this to prevent them from going stale.
- Reduces the possibility of infections that can be caused due to unintentional consumption of molded food products.
- Non-toxic, non-sensitizing, and non-irritating to the skin.
HOW IT WORKS-
- It kills the bacteria in water-based solutions and controls the growth of microbes in cosmetics.
- It acts as an antifungal agent in food items.
CONCENTRATION AND SOLUBILITY-
- Its recommended concentration for use is 0.02%-0.06%.
- Propyl paraben sodium is soluble in water while Propyl Paraben Plain is insoluble in water.
HOW TO USE-
- Premix our propylparaben with other preservatives
- Add the mix to the heated water phase at a temperature of 95o
- Cooldown the mix to 40o
- Blend the oil phase in the water phase until an emulsion is formed.
- Add the other ingredients and stir.