DESCRIPTION- It is a natural gum derived from the dried roots of the Tragacanth tree that is a native of the Middle-East region. Our tragacanth gum is a versatile product that is used in many fields, like printing, food and beverages, paint production, glue, cosmetics, and medical applications.
INCI Name- Astragalus Gummifer Gum
Molecular Formulae- C28H48O
Alternative Names- Shiraz gum, Shiraz, Gum Elect, Gum Dragon
Purity of the Ingredients- 99%
Country of Origin- India
BENEFITS AND USES-
- Tragacanth wax is used in foods for stabilising and thickening components in salad dressings, meals, and drinks.
- Our gum is common in Indian cuisine as "Goond Kateera". A common dish that uses it is the Jammu and Kashmir cuisine's special Sundh.
- It's also in toothpaste, hand lotions, denture adhesives, and vaginal creams and jellies.
- It possesses anti-ageing effects, which are good for your skin's health since they postpone the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Gum tragacanth is also used in incense-making as a binder to hold all the powdered herbs together.
HOW IT WORKS-
- It works as an emulsifier that allows the blending of both oil-based and water-based ingredients.
- It also creates a protective layer that prevents the sweating-out of the compositions.
CONCENTRATION AND SOLUBILITY-
- It is recommended that it should be used at a concentration of 60% to 70%.
- It is soluble in water but is insoluble in ethanol.
HOW TO USE-
- Prepare the oil and water phases of your formulation separately.
- Add our tragacanth gum to the oil phase and heat it using a double boiler till the gum completely melts.
- Blend both the phases using a mini-mixer until a homogenous mixture is not obtained.