Cocobetaine / Coco Betaine
DESCRIPTION- This yellow liquid is the gold standard of natural surfactants and is sourced from the fatty acids of the succulent coconut. It cleans effectively without being harsh on the skin and is therefore used in making personal care items and cosmetics.
INCI Name- Coco Betaine
Alternate Name- Coco Alkyldimethyl, Coco Dimethyl Glycine
Country of Origin- India
Active Surfactant Matter- 35%
BENEFITS AND USES-
- Our pure coco betaine can be used in making 100% pure organic formulations since it is naturally derived.
- It produces much bigger bubbles and a lot more foam as compared to other natural surfactants.
- Being ultra-mild, you can use it in your face washes and it will not strip your skin of its natural oils.
- When added to shampoos, it keeps the hair hydrated and prevents them from drying.
- You can use it as a primary surfactant in your conditioners, body washes, and liquid handwash.
- It is popular for even being suitable for a baby’s soft skin.
- You can add it to slightly enhance the viscosity of your formulations.
HOW IT WORKS-
- It works by thinning down water, by reducing the surface tension, so that oil can dissolve in it.
- It acts as an emulsifier and prevents the separation of oil in cosmetics.
CONCENTRATION AND SOLUBILITY-
- It can generally be used at a concentration of 5% to 40%.
- It is soluble in water, ethanol, isopropanol and is insoluble in mineral oil.
HOW TO USE-
- Melt our coco betaine with the other surfactants.
- Add this to the heated water phase at 70o
- Blend until a homogenous mixture is formed.
- Now add the oil phase at 40o
- Stir again and add citric acid to adjust the pH.